from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An idea, response, or explanation that occurs to one after an event or decision.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A reflection after an act; a later or subsequent thought, action, or expedient.
- n. Something additional to the original plan or concept.
- v. To expound as an afterthought.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Reflection after an act; later or subsequent thought.
- n. an action taken after another action and related to the first action, which would normally or optimally be done along with the first action; -- .
- n. a feature or part added to a device, not thought of in its original design.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A later or second thought.
- n. Reflection after an act; some consideration that occurs to one's mind too late, or after the performance of the act to which it refers.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an addition that was not included in the original plan
- n. thinking again about a choice previously made
December 4th, 2005 at 8: 47 pm wwallace says: afterthought is corrupt and incompetent.
While I wouldn`t use the word afterthought, I was keen to see the media coverage associated with the launch.
I don’t read a lot of books (get your whips out), but I did spend Memorial Day weekend (how appropriate, in afterthought) this year emotionally drained as I slogged through the Pulitzer Prize-winning novel The Road by Cormac McCarthy (No Country for Old Men).
Blind citizens will not allow themselves to be thought of as a squeezed-in afterthought.
While I wouldn ` t use the word afterthought, I was keen to see the media coverage associated with the launch.
"A little manic-depressive, maybe," he admitted in afterthought.
If Web Notes feels like an afterthought, that is because it is.
The conception of the "drives," which ultimately brought the peace movement to a head, was an afterthought, which is commonly attributed in South Africa to the sagacity of that intrepid and versatile young cavalry leader, Colonel
"It's like a big show, and the game is an afterthought, which is totally ESPN."
I am actually kind of ashamed to say that dessert started out as a major fail, then fell into the "afterthought" category of my daily activities.