from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An act of annexing, or territories that have been annexed.
- n. A legal merging of a territory into another body.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of annexing; process of attaching, adding, or appending; the act of connecting; union.
- n. The union of property with a freehold so as to become a fixture. Bouvier. (b) (Scots Law) The appropriation of lands or rents to the crown.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of annexing or uniting at the end; the act of adding, as a smaller thing to a greater; the act of connecting; conjunction; addition: as, the annexation of Texas to the United States.
- n. That which is annexed or added.
- n. In law: The attachment of chattels to a freehold, in such a manner as to give them the character of fixtures.
- n. In Scots law, the appropriating of church lands to the crown, or the union of lands lying at a distance from the kirk to which they belong to the kirk which is nearest to them.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the formal act of acquiring something (especially territory) by conquest or occupation
- n. incorporation by joining or uniting
I happen to think that annexation is the real policy of the present Israeli administration only that they hope to achieve that result by stealth rather than by an outright declaration.
What will follow next will depend on how strong Russia feels, how weak and slow the West's response is, but annexation is not out of the question.
The impact of annexation is pretty foggy, however, except as it concerns the DOT facility being built on that parcel of land.
There were threats of annexation from the United States of all or part of the Territory and it was deemed necessary to establish the rule of impartial law in order to prevent lawlessness.
There was interest in annexation to the United States of America.
What but annexation is missing in that domination exerted by a great nation over a smaller one.
I do not mean to intimate by this that I believe in annexation; I do not believe in annexation, but I believe it is the role of Canada to increase the good feeling of the great nation to the south of us to the British Empire.
The Wilmington City Council voted Tuesday, with no one dissenting, to move forward with a long term annexation policy that could eventually boost the city's population by more than
Ocala City Council also stressed getting rid of blight and developing a long-term annexation plan
Council said it would like to square the city limits, renegotiate the urban service area with the county and develop a long-term annexation plan.