from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of recommending.
- n. Something that recommends, especially a favorable statement concerning character or qualifications.
- n. Something, such as a course of action, that is recommended. See Synonyms at advice.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An act of recommending
- n. That which is recommended
- n. A commendation or endorsement
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of recommending.
- n. That which recommends, or commends to favor; anything procuring, or tending to procure, a favorable reception, or to secure acceptance and adoption.
- n. The state of being recommended; esteem.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of recommending or of commending; the act of representing in a favorable manner for the purpose of procuring the notice, confidence, or civilities of another.
- n. That which procures a kind or favorable reception; any thing, quality, or attribute, which produces or tends to produce a favorable acceptance, reception, or adoption.
- n. Favor; repute.
- n. A letter of recommendation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. something that recommends (or expresses commendation of) a person or thing as worthy or desirable
- n. something (as a course of action) that is recommended as advisable
- n. any quality or characteristic that gains a person a favorable reception or acceptance or admission
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Crassō commendātiōnem nōn sum pollicitus, nōn quīn eam valitūram apud tē arbitrārer, sed egēre mihi commendātiōne nōn vidēbātur, _I did not promise a recommendation to Crassus, not that I did not think it would have weight with you, but because he did not seem to me to need recommendation_.
In one field trial the customer was able to measure the area covered compared to the label recommendation, which is to "spray the plants to wet the leaves, but not to run off."
My main recommendation is that you try to use popular search-terms regularly, particularly in article titles.
Of course one way to interpret the recommendation is the government's recognition that proxies serve a valuable public purpose, and their abuse by criminal actors is especially heinous.
Once a recommendation is adopted by the full committee, it is submitted to the FAA Administrator as an official industry recommendation.
One other recommendation is the Gotham Central trades.
If the recommendation is approved, it is expected that the Working Group will report on the progress made in these fields in November 2008.
This study’s main recommendation is that the army adapt to the reality of Israeli civilian society, which is in dire need of land.
Another recommendation is the novel Let the Right One In (Let Me In in the US) by the Swedish author John Ajvide Lindqvist.
My recommendation is to get a little further back, and do a little more to the left and right than your subject.