from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The act or process of guiding.
- noun Counseling, such as that provided for students seeking advice about vocational and educational matters.
- noun Any of various processes for guiding the path of a vehicle or missile, by means of built-in equipment.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The act of guiding; a leading or conducting; direction; instruction.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The act or result of guiding; the superintendence or assistance of a guide; direction; government; a leading.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun the
actor processof guiding
adviceor counsellingon some topic
- noun any
processor systemto controlthe pathof a vehicle, missileetc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the act of guiding or showing the way
- noun the act of setting and holding a course
- noun something that provides direction or advice as to a decision or course of action
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
See guide + -ance
Help support Wordnik (and make this page ad-free) by adopting the word guidance.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
PossibleUnderscore commented on the word guidance
If God leads the sheep so well, He will also lead a man, he thought, and that made him feel better. The tea seemed less bitter.
-The Alchemist (An awesome book), Paulo Coelho
July 27, 2009