from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or process of guiding.
- n. Counseling, such as that provided for students seeking advice about vocational and educational matters.
- n. Any of various processes for guiding the path of a vehicle or missile, by means of built-in equipment.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the act or process of guiding
- n. advice or counselling on some topic
- n. any process or system to control the path of a vehicle, missile etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or result of guiding; the superintendence or assistance of a guide; direction; government; a leading.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of guiding; a leading or conducting; direction; instruction.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of guiding or showing the way
- n. the act of setting and holding a course
- n. something that provides direction or advice as to a decision or course of action
Over the last six or nine months, your basic -- I wouldn't use the word guidance because that's a little too strong, but your overview of how we should think about your business is essentially keep the trends flat for what we're seeing over the last few quarters.
The word guidance is significantly absent from the
So, I would say, and I think, Tim, mentioned this, the second half of the year, I think, you will see a pretty big jump versus, you know, short term guidance.
On Friday, the IRS issued what it called guidance, or tax information, for businesses and individuals affected by the spill.
What "guidance" is "mr. outspoken" Charley Rangel waiting for? does he mean to say that he's not going to endorse Obama if Clinton says not to??
Long term guidance which is not next year we have been indicating we believe that will be in access of 34 to 36%.
The other groups we look at what we have articulated as our long term guidance which is kind of in the ballpark of our 10% goal.
The focal point in the presentation given by CEO John Chambers was the unequivocal reiteration of the company's long-term guidance, meaning annual growth of 12-17\% over the next three to five years.
"Investors are waiting for it to offer some near-term guidance," said Kevin Flanagan , chief interest-rate strategist at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney.
Or at the very least some guidance from the * very* top.