from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Something forming a back.
- noun Support or aid.
- noun Approval or endorsement.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun Support, physical or moral; supporters or backers collectively.
- noun The address of a letter.
- noun Something placed at or attached to the back of something else to support, strengthen, or finish it; the act of providing anything with such a support.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The act of moving backward, or of putting or moving anything backward.
- noun That which is behind, and forms the back of, anything, usually giving strength or stability.
- noun Support or aid given to a person or cause.
- noun (Bookbinding) The preparation of the back of a book with glue, etc., before putting on the cover.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
Support, especially financial.
- noun A
lineror other materialadded behindor underneath.
- noun music
Musiciansand vocalistswho support the main performer
- adjective music That which provides support for the main performer
- verb Present participle of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun financial resources provided to make some project possible
- noun the act of providing approval and support
- noun something forming a back that is added for strengthening
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
back + -ing
Sorry, no example sentences found.