from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Sports A jockey.
- n. A disc jockey.
- n. An athletic supporter.
- n. Sports An athlete, especially in college.
- n. Slang One characterized by excessive concern for machismo.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A common man.
- n. A Scotsman.
- n. The penis.
- n. An athletic supporter worn by men to support the genitals especially during sports, a jockstrap.
- n. An athlete.
- n. An enthusiastic athlete or sports fan, especially one with few other interests. A slow-witted person of large size and great physical strength. A pretty boy that shows off in sport.
- n. A specialist computer programmer
- v. to masturbate
- v. to humiliate
- v. to steal
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a person trained to compete in sports; an athlete.
- n. A jockstrap.
- n. A disk jockey.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To jolt.
- n. Same as Jack, 1.
- n. [lowercase] Same as jockey.
- n. An iron rod, usually pronged, which is attached to the rear end of a train of mine-cars ascending an incline, and trails behind, to stop the descent of the cars if the rope breaks.
- n. A nautical name for a Scotch seaman.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a support for the genitals worn by men engaging in strenuous exercise
- n. a person trained to compete in sports
Maybe it's the smelly locker rooms or the requisite killer instinct, but the term jock has just never really fit you.
Big Brother, Space Station Edition: Pick the hottest babes from an international set of scientists, one grumpy Russian, a cut party animal fighter jock from the US Navy and lock them in an orbital space station for 1 month of intense competition.
Society, outside that crazy little crucible of high school — and even inside it given half a chance — thinks that jock is a complete arse-wipe.
Skater culture has always had one foot squarely planted in jock territory. mroberts Says:
How would straight men like it if we saw men in jock straps bouncing around?
Those that occur around the groin area are commonly known as jock itch; those of the feet are commonly known as athlete's foot.
The cheerleader is in training to marry the 'jock' - first making cookies then babies as the obedient little wife.
When it affects the groin area, it's commonly called jock itch.
While the charges against the white Dukies for molesting a black stripper they had hired for a party were eventually dropped, Roberts 'denunciations of entitled jock bad behavior were uncomfortably on the mark.
Retired sword jock soldier, Eddie LaCrosse sets up a private investigative practice in the small-town of Neceda, Muscoida.