from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Chiefly British Slang A German, especially a German soldier.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A nickname for Jeremiah, Jeremy, Jerrold, Gerald, Gerard, and similar male names; also used as a formal male given name.
- proper n. A diminutive of the female given names Geraldine and Jerilyn.
- proper n. An old nickname for a chamber pot (also refered to as a potty) (Dated UK)
- proper n. German
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Flimsy; jerry-built.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A machine for shearing fabrics.
- n. The jocular uproar or noise made in a printing-house by compositors on any extraordinary occasion.
- Defectively or flimsily constructed; jerry-built: as, a jerry house; a jerry ship.
- n. A man who erects flimsy buildings; a speculator who constructs houses hastily and unsubstantially.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. offensive term for a person of German descent
"DEAR JERRY JUNIOR: I hope you don't mind being called" Jerry
"Cowster Back To The Future" by Jerry Ong: ©Jerry Ong Spots are limited to the first 20 candidates who meet the requirements, which are pretty tough.
[Illustration: JERRY GIVES TOM A LESSON IN SHOOTING.] "It would have cut his top-knot off, Jerry, and that is all.
Officials say the naturalized U.S. citizen from Haiti came to Odessa as a ninth-grader using the name Jerry Joseph.
Hairston's talents are rivaled only by his bloodlines (his brother Jerry is the Orioles 'second baseman and his dad, uncle and grandfather also played).
Beyond all doubt, this Jerry is the sole survivor of the Arangi.
Wright, who still calls Montimere by the name Jerry, said he was livid once he learned Joseph wasn't who he said he was.
In an earlier version of this article the name of Jerry del Missier, co-CEO of Barclay Capital, was misspelled as Jerry del Messier.
He didn't want to stay in Jerry Rice's shadow too long.
Jerry is quickly becoming my new favorite character on television.