from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- transitive verb To disturb, distress, or exhaust by repeated demands or criticism; harass. synonym: harass.
- transitive verb To attack or raid, as in war.
- transitive verb To force along, as by attacks or blows.
- transitive verb To batter or buffet. Used of the wind or storms.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A playing-card having a slight blemish on one surface.
- To make a hostile incursion upon; ravage by war or invasion; make forced exactions upon; harass by rapacity or violent demands; despoil; strip; rob.
- To trouble; vex; harass; agitate; tease; harrow.
- To draw or drag violently.
- To make harassing incursions.
- noun A common personal name, also used in various extraneous applications. See ' Arry, and Old Harry, under old.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- intransitive verb obsolete To make a predatory incursion; to plunder or lay waste.
- transitive verb To strip; to pillage; to lay waste.
- transitive verb To agitate; to worry; to harrow; to harass.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb transitive To
bother; to trouble.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb make a pillaging or destructive raid on (a place), as in wartimes
- verb annoy continually or chronically
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
December 8th, 2009 12: 35 pm ET it will be a good day for America when 'dirty harry' is gone from the Senate.
When he jumps out of the tree when you first see him in harry potter i about died, he was gorgeous.
We will all be better off when harry is gone next November.
Stratham as prince harry is the best idea you have ever had
Shortly after the success of the original novel Disney announced that a book series entitled Stories From East High would be published in February 2007 with a Hi, a harry is much less physic than this sedulous From.
And Twilight fans probably would crucify her if she did a poor job, many girls at my school wanted emma watson burned at the stake (some still do) for her portrayal of hermione in harry potter.
I loved him in harry potter but i dont maybe it was him ... im just so disappointed in it right now, that i dont know if i even want to see any of the other, especially if its the same screen writer and director!!! twilightme17 (11/22/2008 10: 18: 09 PM)
July 21st, 2006 at 12: 36 pm ct says: dingy harry is such a moron
Gordon who arrived in England as a teenager owed agreat deal to a teacher called harry Jackson who was the school's Deputy Head.
Dumbledors lives in harry now … thats its why harry smile when hagrid and his bro goes to the funeral.