from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One of the uncut loops that form the pile of a fabric.
- n. A pile fabric, usually woven of cotton, with uncut loops on both sides, used for bath towels and robes. Also called terry cloth.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A type of coarse cotton fabric covered in many small raised loops that is used to make towels, bathrobes and some types of nappy/diaper.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A kind of heavy colored fabric, either all silk, or silk and worsted, or silk and cotton, often called terry velvet, used for upholstery and trimmings.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A textile fabric of wool or silk, woven like velvet, but with the loops uncut.
- n. In rope-making, an open reel.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. English actress (1847-1928)
- n. a pile fabric (usually cotton) with uncut loops on both sides; used to make bath towels and bath robes
Inside, between layers of bubble wrap and a profusion of styrofoam peanuts, was a small object wrapped in terry cloth.
I've ridden many times since never again, however, bareback and never again in short terry-cloth shorts, and had a great many adventures, but I've never again captured that exact feeling, that feeling of tossing yourself like a leaf into the wind to be flung and spun about, knowing that however hard you land it will feel like a flutter.
Updated: Boat accident kills 2 on Branched Oak Boat accident kills 2 on Branched Oak UNL's 'Climate Guy' to Help out Cable Guy Don Walton: democrats tag terry on military Effort to recall Neb. county sheriff fails
Boat accident kills 2 on Branched Oak Don Walton: democrats tag terry on military Effort to recall Neb. county sheriff fails UNL's 'Climate Guy' to Help out Cable Guy
-- description -- finance -- pt / ft career. part of the largest co. in the financial services industry. a member of citi group inc. call terry turley at
I don't know where this comment is going to end up on this thread but its a response to "terry" on the psychopath question.
Used on top of napped and looped fabrics such as terry cloth to keep the loops from snagging any embroidery or underneath when all stabilizer residue must be removed after stitching as in cutwork embroidery.
This comfortable boutique hotel feels like a five-star dorm where preppy seersucker robes replace terry ones, and the wall-to-wall desk and windows make you feel like sitting down to study voluntarily.
I wrapped myself in one of the huge bath towels, white terry cloth, of course, and went to the closet, resigning myself to white cult couture.
Instead, I took a hot shower and then slipped on my terry cloth robe and lay across my bed.