from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adverb In a high degree; extremely.
- adverb Truly; absolutely.
- adverb Used in titles.
- adjective Complete; absolute.
- adjective Being the same; identical.
- adjective Being particularly suitable or appropriate.
- adjective Used to emphasize the importance of what is specified.
- adjective Being nothing more than what is specified; mere.
- adjective Archaic Genuine; true.
from The Century Dictionary.
- True; real; actual; veritable: now used chiefly in an intensive sense, or to emphasize the identity of a thing mentioned with that which was in mind: as, to destroy his very life; that is the very thing that was lost: in the latter use, often with same: as, the very same fault.
- [Very is occasionally used in the comparative degree, and more frequently in the superlative.
- Truly; actually.
- In a high degree; to a great extent; extremely; exceedingly.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective True; real; actual; veritable.
- adjective See the Note under
- adverb In a high degree; to no small extent; exceedingly; excessively; extremely.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
True, real, actual
- adjective The
- adjective With limiting effect:
- adverb to a
great extentor degree; extremely; exceedingly
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adverb used as intensifiers; `real' is sometimes used informally for `really'; `rattling' is informal
- adverb precisely so
- adjective being the exact same one; not any other:
- adjective precisely as stated
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
It is trivially easy to make your superior look very *very* bad, and all while not quite doing anything that will get you in trouble if the case is that your superior is a total *ss.
Often the exposure is short-lived and very harmful but black hat techniques can show up * very* successfully early on, that's the way these tricksters are poised.
I could then clearly see two sets of very large claws come out from under a trap door beneath the fridge and behind them a large snout and *very* big teeth.
The ones who *don't* overlap that sub-set are the Christian school-at-homers who most certainly do produce TRADITIONALLY educated students who perform at traditional classroom activities very *very* well.
This is a serious problem for the boy scouts and even the girl scouts have very strict rules about children ever *ever* being alone with only one adult and they have a right to enforce as best they can an environment where it is *very* clear that sexual activity between boys or between scout leaders and boys is not in any way acceptable.
This was a very tiny study with a *very* small number of participants, no doubt handpicked to get the response that the people doing the study were looking for.
I changed my fish oil when i got back from trip and this one has a reasonable DHA content versus my previous and my appetite is noticeably reduced..very very noticeably.
I do have to say that I loved the photo of the young lady with her 'swain' in his kilt..very very classy.
Ten Heroes…not one Medal of Honor recipient…shows where focus is.very sad..very very sad ross berg-buffalo ny
In Incredible Hulk #401, Agamemmnon reveals to the Hulk that he ages very slowly and may even be immortal, has a youthful appearance *very* similar to Bucky's, and that he occasionally has left the Mount over the decades to go adventuring.