from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A petulant, bad-tempered mood; a huff.
- noun A petty quarrel or argument; a tiff.
- transitive verb To cause to become offended or annoyed.
from The Century Dictionary.
- To give a slight offense to; displease: nearly always in the past participle: as, she was somewhat miffed.
- noun A fit of Petulant displeasure; a feeling of slight anger or resentment.
- Vexed; offended; angry.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- transitive verb colloq. To offend slightly.
- noun A petty falling out; a tiff; a quarrel; offense.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A small
- noun A state of being
- verb transitive, usually used in the passive to
- verb intransitive to become slightly
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a state of irritation or annoyance
- verb cause to be annoyed
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
(Hey ... we used to hunt dear with sticks and pointy rocks, now look at the burdens we carry just to miff a shot.)
We could do courses on "picking the right cut of meat", "tending your fires", "Wood Chips, Rubs, Mops, and Sauces", and "Medium-Rare meat, just to miff the ladies".
It did miff me when I found out that some of the premium content like Harry Potter was only available through iTunes.
Why our society relegates the natural to the realm of taboo, while paying no mind to shameless violence on prime time never fails to miff me.
Parruntly, and hoo am Ai to kwestyun a purrfikly gud urban miff, “See Yu Nekst Toosdai” is a runnin joek in awl John Landis/Frank Oz fillums – tehy fink it wus teh werst fillum ever maed an so will maek som refrens to it in awl teihr fillums.
The new year has a sparked a revival of rumors that Paris Hilton is a miff-diver.
So far the talk has raged along two distinct axes: a wild litany of names and places coursing through the gossip miff, but for the record, little save shadowy, blind allegations.
Oar is dis a miff promoated by the sharpie marker lobby?
He lurks in his Lerkim, cold under the roof, where he makes his own clothes out of miff-muffered moof.
Such a move would also miff top adviser George Stephanopoulos, who'd lose the one advantage of his closet-size office: its shortcut through the dining room to the Oval Office.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.