from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A pustule caused by smallpox or a similar eruptive disease.
- n. A mark or scar left in the skin by such a pustule; a pockmark.
- transitive v. To mark with pocks; pit.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A pus filled swelling on the surface on the skin caused by an eruptive disease.
- n. Any pit, especially one formed as a scar
- v. To scar or mark with pits
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A pustule raised on the surface of the body in variolous and vaccine diseases.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A pustule raised on the surface of the body in an eruptive disease, as the smallpox.
- n. A pox; an eruptive disease, as smallpox.
- n. A Scotch form of poke.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. mark with a scar
- n. a pustule in an eruptive disease
You have heard of Sitting Bull, Rain in the Face (that is, a pock-marked individual), Antelope, and others of like character, could be drawn, and thus convey the name without difficulty.
Simpson shuddered, recalling the pock-marked drummer on the
Actually there's a shattered window on the car, but damage just kind of pock-marked through the neighborhood depending on where people are.
 The Filipinos have many mocking children's rhymes making fun of personal deformities, such as pock-marks, cross-eyes, very black skin, etc.
This lets weld slag and splatter quickly build up on the sensor, melt the housing, and create small "pock" holes in the sensor face, which make the sensor even more vulnerable to weld slag and splatter.
Named the Castilla De San Marcos it has pock marks made from cannon balls fired by Sir Francis Drake.
A big Chinaman, remarkably evil-looking, with his head swathed in a yellow silk handkerchief and face badly pock-marked, planted a pike-pole on the
He of the yellow handkerchief and pock-marked face came toward me threateningly, but I put my hand into my hip pocket, and he hesitated.
Leading them came a big, muscular man, conspicuous for his pock - marked face and the yellow silk handkerchief swathed about his head.
Would you like Almond under the Royal Icing, or straight Royal, assuming of course the base cake is sufficiently smooth and free of pock marks and its not wanted to be eaten, we can apply the Almost, its a much much smoother finish I find.