from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A hard rough lump growing on the skin, caused by infection with certain viruses and occurring typically on the hands or feet.
- n. A similar growth or protuberance, as on a plant.
- n. A genital wart.
- n. One that resembles or is likened to a wart, especially in unattractiveness or smallness.
- n. An imperfection; a flaw.
- idiom warts and all Slang All defects and imperfections notwithstanding: They love each other, warts and all.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A type of deformed growth occurring on the skin caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV).
- n. Any similar growth occurring in plants or animals, such as the parotoid glands in the back of toads.
- n. Any of the prefixes used in Hungarian notation.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small, usually hard, tumor on the skin formed by enlargement of its vascular papillæ, and thickening of the epidermis which covers them.
- n. An excrescence or protuberance more or less resembling a true wart; specifically (Bot.), a glandular excrescence or hardened protuberance on plants.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small circumscribed elevation on the skin, usually with an uneven papillary surface and a broad base, caused by a localized overgrowth of the papillæ and epidermis; verruca; hence, a similar natural excrescence of the skin.
- n. In farriery, a spongy excrescence on the pastern of the horse.
- n. In botany, a firm glan dular or gland-like excrescence on the surface of a plant.
- n. In entomology, a small obtuse, rounded, or flattened elevation of a surface, often of a distinct color from the rest of the part: used principally in describing larvæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an imperfection in someone or something that is suggestive of a wart (especially in smallness or unattractiveness)
- n. any small rounded protuberance (as on certain plants or animals)
- n. (pathology) a firm abnormal elevated blemish on the skin; caused by a virus
At least a genital wart is more sincere than you are ..
Until the wonderful day arrives when all electrical adapters come with dainty little plugs and the wall-wart is a thing of the past, every power-strip in the universe should be replaced with one of these.
And there at the bottom of the foot, rather where you would imagine a plantar's wart, is Moccasin Bend, the hospital.
You have malt, barley, hops and also something called wart (ph), which is all the plant material.
The wart was a large one, which, being situated in the centre of Mr. Green's forehead, seemed to be a part of his method to those who were magnetized by his personality or persuaded by his eloquence.
A so-called wart healing application (priced at $12.99!) was barred from the iPhone App
Bush acquiesced in the invasion for the first four days but, much more significantly, applauded the invasion as being the second phase of the war against terrorism (hereinafter referred to as the wart).
Certain medical procedures the patient must pay for out of pocket such as wart removal.
I'm trying to decide if I really want to work "wart" into my schtick
It is a great computer, the only wart is that it has the Vista OS.