from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A hard rough lump growing on the skin, caused by infection with certain viruses and occurring typically on the hands or feet.
- noun A similar growth or protuberance, as on a plant.
- noun A genital wart.
- noun One that resembles or is likened to a wart, especially in unattractiveness or smallness.
- noun An imperfection; a flaw.
- idiom (warts and all) All defects and imperfections notwithstanding.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A small circumscribed elevation on the skin, usually with an uneven papillary surface and a broad base, caused by a localized overgrowth of the papillæ and epidermis; verruca; hence, a similar natural excrescence of the skin.
- noun In farriery, a spongy excrescence on the pastern of the horse.
- noun In botany, a firm glan dular or gland-like excrescence on the surface of a plant.
- noun In entomology, a small obtuse, rounded, or flattened elevation of a surface, often of a distinct color from the rest of the part: used principally in describing larvæ.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Med.) A small, usually hard, tumor on the skin formed by enlargement of its vascular papillæ, and thickening of the epidermis which covers them.
- noun An excrescence or protuberance more or less resembling a true wart; specifically (Bot.), a glandular excrescence or hardened protuberance on plants.
- noun (Med.) a soft, bright red, pointed or tufted tumor found about the genitals, often massed into groups of large size. It is a variety of condyloma. Called also
pointed wart, venereal wart.
- noun (Bot.) the swine's cress. See under
- noun (Zoöl.) any one of several species of East Indian colubrine snakes of the genus Acrochordus, having the body covered with wartlike tubercles or spinose scales, and lacking cephalic plates and ventral scutes.
- noun (Bot.) a kind of wartwort (
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun pathology A type of deformed
growthoccurring on the skincaused by the human papillomavirus( HPV).
- noun Any similar growth occurring in plants or animals, such as the
parotoid glandsin the back of toads.
- noun computing, programming, slang, derogatory Any of the
prefixesused in Hungarian notation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun an imperfection in someone or something that is suggestive of a wart (especially in smallness or unattractiveness)
- noun any small rounded protuberance (as on certain plants or animals)
- noun (pathology) a firm abnormal elevated blemish on the skin; caused by a virus
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
At least a genital wart is more sincere than you are ..
Until the wonderful day arrives when all electrical adapters come with dainty little plugs and the wall-wart is a thing of the past, every power-strip in the universe should be replaced with one of these.
And there at the bottom of the foot, rather where you would imagine a plantar's wart, is Moccasin Bend, the hospital.
You have malt, barley, hops and also something called wart (ph), which is all the plant material.
The wart was a large one, which, being situated in the centre of Mr. Green's forehead, seemed to be a part of his method to those who were magnetized by his personality or persuaded by his eloquence.
A so-called wart healing application (priced at $12.99!) was barred from the iPhone App
Bush acquiesced in the invasion for the first four days but, much more significantly, applauded the invasion as being the second phase of the war against terrorism (hereinafter referred to as the wart).
Certain medical procedures the patient must pay for out of pocket such as wart removal.
I'm trying to decide if I really want to work "wart" into my schtick
ZUG.com > ZUG Live 2009
It is a great computer, the only wart is that it has the Vista OS.
Dell Mexico 2009