from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Poorly crystallized diamonds used for industrial cutting and abrasion.
- noun A carbonado.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A collective name for diamonds of inferior quality, especially such as have a radiating crystallization, so that they will not take a polish.
- noun An amorphous variety of diamond, brown, gray, or black in color, and known also as
black diamond or carbonado, found massive in Brazil in association with pure diamonds.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun Imperfectly crystallized or coarse diamonds, or fragments made in cutting good diamonds which are reduced to powder and used in lapidary work.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun uncountable Poor quality diamond, used for industrial cutting or abrasion; a poorly crystallized
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
The black diamonds, called bort, are used mainly for arming diamond drills and for polishing other diamonds.
In the diamond industry, the term "bort" is used for diamonds that have a rough, rounded form and which lack a distinct cleavage.
a steel bar, the first blow broke the blade without affecting the diamond, yet a piece of bort, or diamond dust, splinters, or defective diamonds (all these being called bort), may readily be pulverised in a hard steel mortar with a hard steel pestle.
The best plan is to procure a bit of "bort" which has been used in a diamond drill, and whose properties have therefore been tested to some extent.
Detta är mycket effektivt sätt att ta bort våra demokratiska västerländska samhället – och våra nordiska ländernas regeringar är helt verkar under denna agenda.
Ai bort teh cuuk-buk nawt knoen wot tu egg spekt !
Wos part ob a 4pack an ai didnawt realyse wen a bort it, ai willnawt du dat agen.
Sew we bort sum yummee Thai fud foar dinna insted.
Ai alsew bort sum BPoundz – befaw teh boddem drawpz rite owt ov ower $$ !
Teh hamberger ai bort tehre didnut agree wib mi nd ai felt woozy nd cort teh trayn hoam !