from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Offensive An extremely small person who is otherwise normally proportioned.
- n. A small or miniature version of something.
- n. A class of small objects, as a class of very small sailboats or racing cars.
- adj. Miniature; diminutive.
- adj. Belonging to a type or class much smaller than what is considered standard: a midget automobile.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A little sandfly.
- n. Any small swarming insect similar to the mosquito; a midge
- n. Any short person.
- n. That is a small version of something; miniature
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A minute bloodsucking fly.
- n. A very diminutive person having normal proportions of the body parts; compare
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A little midge; hence, something very small for its kind; a very small dwarf; also, a sprightly small child.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. very small
- n. a person who is markedly small
Kelly: You know, we did a segment earlier in the year on how little people find the term midget offensive, and so you can't say that anymore.
I knew that litle people didn't like the term midget, but what are we going to do now?
Speaking for the Midgets Rights Group of America (MRGA), I would like to inform you the term midget is quite offensive.
Jolé has spent hours volunteering with the nonprofit organization Little People of America, and she has written into her contracts a clause that says if the word "midget" is used she will walk.
However, after consulting the Oxford English Dictionary, I now believe that "midget" is a pretty insulting term.
Now the intellectual midget is using the name and avatar of a monster from Japanese horror flix
Insidious Prophet says: mgparrish, the mental midget is back.
This would only be funny if it was fighting midgets, because a quick-tempered brawling midget is Chuckles, my friend.
JHC, do you ever feel like both of our states are midgets, and in an attempt to get recognition as real states, your midget is standing on the shoulders of my midget, all underneath a cool looking white trench coat?
The Little People of America are attempting to get the word midget declared a slur.