from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of the Girl Scouts from six through eight years of age.
- n. A bar of moist, usually chocolate cake, often with nuts.
- n. A small sprite thought to do helpful work at night.
- n. A brown trout.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small square piece of rich cake, usually made with chocolate.
- n. A mythical creature, a helpful elf who would do people′s housework for them.
- n. A household spirit or revered ancestor.
- n. (colloquial) A tall, long-necked beer bottle, made from brown coloured glass.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An imaginary good-natured spirit, who was supposed often to perform important services around the house by night, such as thrashing, churning, sweeping.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In Scotland, a spirit supposed to haunt houses, particularly farm-houses.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (folklore) fairies that are somewhat mischievous
- n. square or bar of very rich chocolate cake usually with nuts
- n. a junior Girl Scout
But as far as gratification, the brownie is always there.
Stay tuned for next week where I will be participating (2 consecutive weeks, woo hoo!) in brownie buttons.
Place in brownie pan or large pan and smash it all down (best technique is to put Saran Wrap over one pan and use another pan to squash it down).
If this brownie is not a winner, I will not touch Dulce de Leche ever again!
I think the minority that still thinks they win brownie points by acting snide are dinosaurs crowded in the last warm valley, and are waking up to how out of touch with reality they are.
Yes, he might be doing this to gain brownie points, increase his audience size, and even, oh my god, I must say it, to someday increase his profit line.
Because a 100-pound brownie is far more fun that way.
I love to bake but I only ever want one, maybe two, cookies out of a batch or one half of a regular serving size of brownie from the pan.
On the last night of their trip, Chuck convinced Kristin that they had to return to the park to get a brownie from a street vendor.
Switzerland wants to win brownie points with the USA because of the tax haven bank scandal … read the European papers, they all talk about it.