from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A dish consisting of milk, eggs, flavoring, and sometimes sugar, boiled or baked until set.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A compound of eggs and milk, sweetened, and baked or boiled.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A mixture of milk and eggs, sweetened, and baked or boiled.
- noun (Bot.) a low tree or shrub of tropical America, including several species of Anona (
Anona squamosa, Anona reticulata, etc.), having a roundish or ovate fruit the size of a small orange, containing a soft, yellowish, edible pulp.
- noun [Obs.] pastry, or crust, which covers or
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun uncountable A type of sauce made from milk and eggs (and usually sugar, and sometimes vanilla or other flavourings) and thickened by heat, served hot poured over
desserts, as a filling for some pies and cakes, or cold and solidified; also used as a base for some savoury dishes, such as quiches.
- noun countable Any particular variety of custard.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun sweetened mixture of milk and eggs baked or boiled or frozen
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
-- The custard given in the accompanying recipe is commonly known as _boiled custard_, but this is in no sense a correct name, for the custard at no time reaches the boiling point.
"Custard pie -- custard pie," she sang, softly, yet unctuously, as she stirred and mingled the materials before her; "custard pie -- _custard_ pie.
Btw, do you need to add vanilla extract again since the custard is already vanilla flavoured?
Sitaphal (which is what we call custard apple) ice-cream is a great Gujarati dish.
However, if you make a plum or rhubarb or apple crumble, this kind of custard is what you should pour over it, hot.
But what we saw when Mr. Murdoch was hauled before the British Parliament earlier this week was a doddery old man who had to lean on his son for guidance, a man happy to say sorry but apparently unable to answer any detailed questions about the hacking affair, a man battered not just by our Parliamentarians but by a member of the public who managed to thrust what we call a custard pie into his face.
Reduce heat to low and cook, whisking constantly, until custard is thickened about 2 minutes, but do not let mixture boil.
The pudding-thick rhubarb custard is assertively tart, but soothed by sweet, fluffy billows of whip cream and then the slight crunch of strawberry seeds and the gentle pop of blueberries make gentle explosions between your teeth.
Spydr331: so hot chocolate custard is custard … and custard hot chocolate is hot chocolate where as hot chocolate custard is flavored to taste like hot chocolate … is custard hot chocolate flavored to taste like custard? im a little lost myself … i may have to check this out
The custard is the egg and milk mixture that the bread soaks in, and this one almost has more bread than custard.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.