from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An obsequious follower or dependent; a sycophant.
- n. A subordinate official, especially a servile one.
- n. One who is highly esteemed or favored; a darling.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A loyal servant of another, usually a more powerful being.
- n. A sycophantic follower
- adj. Favoured, beloved; "pet".
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Fine; trim; dainty.
- n. Minimum.
- n. A loved one; one highly esteemed and favored; -- in a good sense.
- n. An obsequious or servile dependent or agent of another; a fawning favorite.
- n. A small kind of type, in size between brevier and nonpareil.
- n. An ancient form of ordnance, the caliber of which was about three inches.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which is beloved; a favorite; a darling.
- n. An intriguing favorite; one who gains grace by vile or unworthy means; a servile creature.
- n. Hence A pert or saucy girl or woman; one who is too bold or forward; a minx.
- n. A small printing-type, about 10½ lines to the inch, intermediate between the sizes nonpareil (smaller) and brevier (larger).
- n. A type of cannon in use in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries.
- Fine; trim; dainty; delicate.
- n. An obsolete variant of minium.
- n. The sittings of ironstone after calcination at the iron-furnaces.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a servile or fawning dependant
Her greatest sources of comfort and confidence come from her smoking hot, super-supportive boyfriend, a reformed super-villain minion known as Thugboy, and her best friend, the hard-partying, ass-kicking Ninjette.
Stormtroopers versus Borg in a fight to see which expendable minion is the most expendable?
A minion is of a power level equivalent to any other monster except it has only one hit point.
They believe the opportunity to destroy malevolent vampire Samos and his minion is near; so assassin Jaz Parks and her vampiric supervisor Vayl plan on the hit.
This hard-working minion is sick to death of the haters, whiners, and know-it-alls who have already written off the Obama presidency before it even begins.
Considering the sample first level characters have been no higher than AC19, with (at most) a +6 to hit AC or +4 to hit the various defense, that minion is likely to be missed 75% or more of the time, and capable of hitting back 85% of the time for the squishy classes, or 75% of the time for the front line classes.
The beautiful attendant rose and cleared the remains of his filet minion from the white wicker table.
I called a minion at the department who said I should call the main number, and then when I told her that it wasn't an option on the main menu, she hung up on me.
A minion is mostly likely a TWAC, but not all listeners are minions or TWACs.
Duke of Joyeuse -- his foremost and bravest "minion" -- by the Count of