from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that enjoys special favor or regard.
- n. One that is trusted, indulged, or preferred above all others, especially by a superior: a favorite of the monarch.
- n. A contestant or competitor regarded as most likely to win.
- adj. Liked or preferred above all others; regarded with special favor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Preferred.
- n. Preferred one, one with special favor
- n. Expected or most probable to win.
- v. Alternative form of favor.
- v. To bookmark.
- v. To add to one's list of favorites on a website that allows users to compile such lists.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Regarded with particular affection, esteem, or preference
- n. A person or thing regarded with peculiar favor; one treated with partiality; one preferred above others; especially, one unduly loved, trusted, and enriched with favors by a person of high rank or authority.
- n. Short curls dangling over the temples; -- fashionable in the reign of Charles II.
- n. The competitor (as a horse in a race) that is judged most likely to win; the competitor standing highest in the betting.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A person or thing regarded with peculiar favor, liking, or preference; one who or that which is especially liked or favored.
- n. A person who has gained the special favor of or a dominant influence over a superior by unworthymeans or for selfish purposes.
- n. A small curl hanging loose upon the temple: a frequent feature of a woman's head-dress in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries.
- Regarded with particular liking, favor, esteem, or preference: as, a favorite walk; a favorite author; a favorite child.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. preferred above all others and treated with partiality
- n. a special loved one
- n. something regarded with special favor or liking
- adj. appealing to the general public
- n. a competitor thought likely to win
My sneaky favorite* of Nashville Skyline, and potentially my outright favorite - it's either this or ... well, I won't spoil the surprise.
She showed why she is still considered a title favorite despite her long absence and her No. 7 seeding.
My personal sci-fi favorite from the fifties, this enduring cult favorite is an ingenious nightmare vision that reflects the paranoia of the time created by McCarthyism.
How can anyone be the title favorite other than the man who has won the past four championships?
Mt. Blue's girls squad, though, remains the title favorite, with dominance in both disciplines.
Jimmie Johnson may still be the title favorite, but this year's Chase is wide open and could help boost NASCAR's ratings.
I'd have to say that for a deer hunting rifle capable of also going to antelope, my favorite is a Leupold VXIII 3. 5-10x56.
I have sereral rifles of different brands, but my favorite is a M98 action 257 Roberts that my grandfather made years ago.
I only use leupold VXIII's on my BG guns and my favorite is a 3. 5-10X with Boone & Crockett reticle on my Kimber 25-06.
I've tried several guns and my favorite is the Mossberg 835 12 ga.