from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A dearly beloved person.
- noun One that is greatly liked or preferred; a favorite.
- adjective Dearly beloved.
- adjective Regarded with special favor; favorite.
- adjective Informal Charming or amusing.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun One who is very dear; one much beloved; a special favorite.
- Very dear; peculiarly beloved; favorite; regarded with great affection and tenderness; lovingly cherished: as, a darling child.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Dearly beloved; regarded with especial kindness and tenderness; favorite.
- noun One dearly beloved; a favorite.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A person who is
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective dearly loved
- noun a special loved one
- noun an Australian river; tributary of the Murray River
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
"Oh, darling, _darling_ Miss Humf'ay, we _will_ be good if you'll stay!"
England, six months ago, did not I hear him croon, if not certainly sing, 'Charlie is my darling' ( 'my _darling_' with an adoring emphasis), and then he stood back, as it were, from the song, to look at it better, and said 'How must that notion of ideal wondrous perfection have impressed itself in this old Jacobite's "young
“Hello,” Ellen said warmly, biting off the word darling before it could escape her lips.
Well it looks like CNN has grown tired of Meghan "Air-head" McCain and its new darling is the worthless dead-beat dad from Alaska.
Palin, Palin, Palin .. now another WH non-darling is bashed.
To kick off the week, how about this darling from a public library professional collection?
Your media darling is going to crap on our country, just wait and see.
Wow and the actually receive balanced reporting, not the McCain darling type reporting.
We can tell you that the Disney darling is maintaining her squeaky clean image – Demi Lovato is not a cutter and her rep explains the marks:
And this darling, is why I feel so right in your company.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.