from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Sublime; delightful; enchanting.
- adj. Of or relating to the firmament; celestial: the sun, the moon, and other heavenly bodies.
- adj. Of or relating to the abode of God; divine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to the heaven believed in by many religions; good, beautiful, glorious, pleasurable.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the heavens or sky, regarded as the realm of the sun, moon, planets and stars.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the kingdom of God; divine.
- adj. Extremely beautiful or pleasurable.
- adv. In a manner like that of heaven; by the influence or agency of heaven; divinely, miraculously.
- adv. To a degree such as to elicit great pleasure.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, resembling, or inhabiting heaven; celestial; not earthly
- adj. Appropriate to heaven in character or happiness; perfect; pure; supremely blessed
- adv. In a manner resembling that of heaven.
- adv. By the influence or agency of heaven.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to heaven, in either the physical or the spiritual sense; celestial: as, heavenly regions; heavenly peace; the heavenly throng.
- Fit for or characteristic of heaven; supremely blessed, excellent, or beautiful; angelic: as, a heavenly voice; a heavenly temper.
- Synonyms Ethereal, celestial.
- Godlike, divine, spiritual, blissful, beatific, seraphic, cherubic.
- In a manner as of heaven.
- By the influence or agency of heaven.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or inhabiting a divine heaven
- adj. of or relating to the sky
- adj. of or belonging to heaven or god
"Oh, come, Billie, that's too much!" laughed Teddy, swinging her on to the floor and giving her what she called a heavenly dance.
He seems to me to ascribe the exultation, the sense of power, the feeling of heightened vitality which accompany sexual love to that other love which he calls the heavenly love and which I should prefer to call loving-kindness; and by doing so infects it with the ineradicable vice of earthly love.
Henceforth, she lived in a state of bitter but powerless irritation, face to face with her yielding niece who displayed adorable acts of tenderness to recompense her for what she termed her heavenly goodness.
"She isn't exactly what I call a heavenly-minded woman," said
In the zeal of their affection they would make us heirs of what they call their heavenly kingdom, but in the meanwhile destroy our religion, deprive us of our ancient gods, and sap the foundations of the state.
It contained all three laws of planetary motion and attempted to explain heavenly motions through physical causes (Books IV - V)
September 16th, 2009 'It' horde Neil Patrick Harris takes upon a EmmysLOS ANGELES If only one aw! ards unc over horde during a time holds a "it" title, then a stream heavenly is Neil Patrick Harris.
I also imagine that when His basicc human needs were met, he indeed did sleep in heavenly peace.
Categories: Monday Photo Shoot · fun · holidays sleep in heavenly peace
So despite the fact that some people live in heavenly conditions while others experience hells for all their days and nights on earth, one must first believe that there is life beyond death before one can believe conditions there are the same as conditions here (usually reversed by appeal to 'divine justice').