from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The act or state of giving out intense heat and light.
- noun Ardor.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective softly bright or radiant.
- adjective highly enthusiastic.
- adjective brilliantly colored and apparently giving off light.
- adjective prenominal afire.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb Present participle of
- noun The action of the verb
- adjective That glows or glow.
- adjective figuratively Full of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective highly enthusiastic
- noun the amount of electromagnetic radiation leaving or arriving at a point on a surface
Sorry, no etymologies found.
"Suppose there was a great, wide steel grate here, and a great glowing fire -- a _glowing_ fire -- with beds of red-hot coal and lots of little dancing, flickering flames.
On my side I've been mostly focused on what I call a glowing box report which is the daily report that we produce for our terminal partners.
Certainly the the back of You Don't Scare Me praises his work in glowing terms drawn from reviews by the likes of the New York Times, Publishers Weekly, Fangoria, F. Paul Wilson and Richard Matheson.
Abrahamson and Dinniss suggested that as the silicon vapour cools, it condenses into a floating aerosol, bound into a ball by charges that gather on its surface and glowing from the heat of the silicon recombining with oxygen.
The publishers advertised A Dream of a Throne: the Story of a Mexican Revolt in glowing terms: A powerful and highly dramatic romance, dealing with a popular Mexican uprising half a century ago.
The dare-o-meter exploded into multicolored confetti and declared MIDNIGHT in glowing, pulsing, yellow letters.
A husband and wife might be linked by a thin glowing tether.
The tributes were rather more glowing from the midfielder's Tottenham team-mates.
Then I found the perfect card that didn't speak in glowing terms about the future.
Perry is still glowing from the Ryder Cup, but wasn't on anyone's short list of Masters favorites.