from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or having a sexual orientation to persons of the same sex.
- adj. Showing or characterized by cheerfulness and lighthearted excitement; merry.
- adj. Bright or lively, especially in color: a gay, sunny room.
- adj. Given to social pleasures.
- adj. Dissolute; licentious.
- n. A person whose sexual orientation is to persons of the same sex.
- n. A man whose sexual orientation is to men: an alliance of gays and lesbians.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Sexually promiscuous (of either gender).
- adj. Homosexual:
- adj. A pejorative:
- adj. Upright or curved over the back.
- n. a homosexual, especially a male homosexual; see also lesbian.
- n. An ornament.
- n. The name of the letter ⟨—⟩, which stands for the sound IPA: /ɡ/, in Pitman shorthand.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Excited with merriment; manifesting sportiveness or delight; inspiring delight; livery; merry.
- adj. Brilliant in colors; splendid; fine; richly dressed.
- adj. Loose; dissipated; lewd.
- n. An ornament.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Disposed to or excited with merriment or delight; demonstratively cheerful; merry; jovial; sportive; frolicsome.
- Such as to excite or indicate mirth or pleasure; hence, cheering; enlivening.
- Bright or lively, especially in color; gaudy; showy: as, a gay dress; a gay flower.
- Richly or showily dressed; adorned with fine clothing; highly ornamented.
- Given to pleasure; lively; in a bad sense, given to vicious pleasure; loose; dissipated.
- Quick; fast. [Prov. Eng.]
- Pretty long; considerable: as, a gay while. Compare gay, adv. [Prov. Eng. and Scotch.]
- Bright, brilliant, dashing.
- n. Anything showily fine or ornamental; a gaud.
- n. A gay lady; a beautiful lady.
- n. A print or picture.
- n. The noon or morning, as the brighter part of the day.
- Pretty; moderately: as, gay gude.
- n. A small rut in a path. [Prov. Eng.]
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. brightly colored and showy
- adj. full of or showing high-spirited merriment
- adj. homosexual or arousing homosexual desires
- adj. bright and pleasant; promoting a feeling of cheer
- n. someone who practices homosexuality; having a sexual attraction to persons of the same sex
- adj. given to social pleasures often including dissipation
- adj. offering fun and gaiety
If a gay man and a gay* woman marry each other it happens would you think it is equally dissembling if they referred to it as a different-sex marriage instead of a straight marriage or a heterosexual marriage?
What a waste Mark is gay...reminds me of a song with dis line ~~all d handsome men are gay~~...haha...
* Dwight is "researching" gays by looking at gay porn because they found out Oscar was gay*
- Little gay· chapero - gay bitch· Bastardo - Bastard·
-- And you, my young friend, Master Augustine, shall be looked after as well as if you came with a gay brow and a light cheek, such as best becomes the _gay science_. "
As a matter of fact, the "New York Times" reported, "While much of his later life was occupied by scholarly questions of the Bible and homosexuality, he came to abhor the label 'gay minister.'"
Sen. Mark Grisanti of Buffalo, who was elected in the fall, told a public forum that he won't vote for a bill that uses the term "gay marriage," a spokesman said.
Because it turns out the guy who owns the car, expensive car, by the way, is the owner of a nightclub, and he had on his license plate the term gay, bi-gay, which is, by the way, the name of his club.
As a person who is in the middle of college , I still hear the term gay thrown around quite a bit.
While much of his later life was occupied by scholarly questions of the Bible and homosexuality, he came to abhor the label "gay minister," and pursued a much wider range of studies, on early American religions, Elizabethan Puritanism, church music and the African-American experience.