from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Having or marked by buoyancy.
- adjective Lighthearted; gay.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Having the quality of rising or floating in a fluid; floating; relatively light; that will not sink.
- Bearing up, as a fluid; sustaining another body by reason of greater specific gravity.
- Figuratively, cheerful; hopeful; not easily depressed.
- Causing buoyancy of mind; cheering; invigorating.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Having the quality of rising or floating in a fluid; tending to rise or float.
- adjective Bearing up, as a fluid; sustaining another body by being specifically heavier.
- adjective Light-hearted; vivacious; cheerful.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective having
buoyancy; able to float
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective characterized by liveliness and lightheartedness
- adjective tending to float on a liquid or rise in air or gas
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[Spanish boyante, present participle of boyar, to refloat a boat, from boya, buoy, from Old French boue; see buoy.]
Sorry, no example sentences found.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.