from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Deviating from what is considered right and correct: a perverted idea of justice.
- adj. Of, relating to, or practicing sexual perversion.
- adj. Marked by misinterpretation or distortion: a perverted translation of an epic poem.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. deviating from what is normally considered right, normal or correct
- adj. of, relating to, or practicing unusual or "kinky" sex
- adj. misrepresented, altered or distorted
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of pervert.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Misdirected; misapplied; corrupt; false.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (used of sexual behavior) showing or appealing to bizarre or deviant tastes
- adj. having an intended meaning altered or misrepresented
- adj. deviating from what is considered moral or right or proper or good
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Even in those instances where, for convenience 'sake, the term perverted development has been used, it must be understood as applying only to the particular plant or organ under consideration, as the form assumed is perfectly in accordance with the ordinary conformation of some other plant or group of plants.
Sarah Palin's very public battle with David Letterman over what she called a perverted joke about her daughter.
Will it remain perverted forever by what itâ€ ™ s become, or will the truth ring free and clear and the legend of the Crusader be born anew?
The parent/child dynamic and the means by which it can perverted is also pretty consistent and even clever at times.
After the high souled Malthus, came the Neo-Malthusians, who, although they retained the name perverted the teaching of this great demographist, and some Socialist writers of high repute still advocate the systematic instruction of the poor in Neo-Malthusian practices.
She knows this is a fake, but someone professionally makes her look perverted, which is not good for a special events company co-owner.
Our answer to that is what brings them together is the commitment to what we would call a perverted interpretation of Islam, which is an interpretation of Islam that we saw manifested through the
Moldavia and Wallachia contain the descendants of the Roman colonists who speak a perverted Latin.
This has been justly called perverted ambition, and Milton stamped it with terrible condemnation when he put into the mouth of his arch fiend the sentiment -- "better to reign in hell than serve in heaven."
Chaldee paraphrase perverted by him to his own opinions, 306.