from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Deviating from what is considered right and correct.
- adjective Of, relating to, or practicing sexual perversion.
- adjective Marked by misinterpretation or distortion.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Misdirected; misapplied; corrupt; false.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
deviatingfrom what is normally considered right, normalor correct
- adjective of, relating to, or practicing
unusualor " kinky" sex
misrepresented, alteredor distorted
- verb Simple past tense and past participle of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective (used of sexual behavior) showing or appealing to bizarre or deviant tastes
- adjective having an intended meaning altered or misrepresented
- adjective deviating from what is considered moral or right or proper or good
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Even in those instances where, for convenience 'sake, the term perverted development has been used, it must be understood as applying only to the particular plant or organ under consideration, as the form assumed is perfectly in accordance with the ordinary conformation of some other plant or group of plants.
Sarah Palin's very public battle with David Letterman over what she called a perverted joke about her daughter.
Will it remain perverted forever by what itâ€ ™ s become, or will the truth ring free and clear and the legend of the Crusader be born anew?
The parent/child dynamic and the means by which it can perverted is also pretty consistent and even clever at times.
After the high souled Malthus, came the Neo-Malthusians, who, although they retained the name perverted the teaching of this great demographist, and some Socialist writers of high repute still advocate the systematic instruction of the poor in Neo-Malthusian practices.
She knows this is a fake, but someone professionally makes her look perverted, which is not good for a special events company co-owner.
Our answer to that is what brings them together is the commitment to what we would call a perverted interpretation of Islam, which is an interpretation of Islam that we saw manifested through the
Moldavia and Wallachia contain the descendants of the Roman colonists who speak a perverted Latin.
This has been justly called perverted ambition, and Milton stamped it with terrible condemnation when he put into the mouth of his arch fiend the sentiment -- "better to reign in hell than serve in heaven."
Chaldee paraphrase perverted by him to his own opinions, 306.