from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A man's male servant, who takes care of his clothes and performs other personal services.
- noun An employee, as in a hotel or on a ship, who performs personal services for guests or passengers.
- noun A person who parks and retrieves cars for patrons of restaurants, theaters, and other business establishments.
- intransitive verb To act as a personal servant to; attend.
- intransitive verb To work as a valet.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A man-servant who attends on a man's person. Also called
valet de chambre.
- noun In the manège, a kind of goad or stick armed with a point of iron.
- To attend on as valet; act the valet to.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A male waiting servant; a servant who attends on a gentleman's person; a body servant.
- noun (Man.) A kind of goad or stick with a point of iron.
- noun a body servant, or personal attendant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A man's
personalmale attendant, responsible for his clothes and appearance.
- noun A
hotel employeeperforming such duties for guests.
- noun professional wrestling A
female performerin professional wrestling, acting as either a manager or personal chaperone; often used to attract and titillate male members of the audience.
- noun A female
chaperonewho accompanies a man, and is usually not married to him.
- noun A person employed to clean or
- noun A
wooden standon which to hold clothes and accessories in preparation for dressing.
- verb transitive To
cleanand service(a car), as a valet does.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb serve as a personal attendant to
- noun a manservant who acts as a personal attendant to his employer
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
He did not disturb his _valet de chambre_, who was sleeping soundly at some distance; he dressed himself, and the valet, in a great fright, sprang up, thinking he had been deficient in his duty; but the king sent him back again, commanding him to preserve the most absolute silence.
_valet_ of a woman; who does not know that a man wears a shirt, and that a valet is male?
Ovid said of Callimachus _quamvis ingenio non valet, arte valet_. [
But, if the valet is the property of the man, is obliged to perform this service, and is not paid for it, he is not economically independent.
The valet is in fact atrocious … hard to understand in a hotel.
Under the name valet underground, it was posted on YouTube, got rubber?
Then go to a place where parking valet is a courtesy.
Under the name valet underground, it was posted on YouTube, got rubber, and then later removed, ut it's hard to remove this from your mind.
Example – The valet is inside the driveway, and the car is parked on a parking lot without leaving the street.
Ya, the trulucks valet is ripoff regardless of what they are charging.