from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- abbreviation hectare
- abbreviation Latin hoc anno (this year)
- abbreviation hour angle
- interjection Used to express surprise, wonder, triumph, puzzlement, or pique.
from The Century Dictionary.
- An exclamation denoting surprise, wonder, joy, or other sudden emotion, as suspicion, and also interrogation. Repeated, ha! ha! it expresses either intensified surprise, etc., or laughter.
- An involuntary sound marking hesitation in speech, uttered slowly and obscurely, and otherwise represented by er or ur.
- noun An expression of wonder, surprise, or admiration.
- noun An expression of hesitancy in speech.
- To make the sound ha, expressing hesitation.
- noun Same as
- A dialectal variant of
- noun A Scotch form of
- noun A contraction of have.
- An abbreviation of
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- interjection An exclamation denoting surprise, joy, or grief. Both as uttered and as written, it expresses a great variety of emotions, determined by the tone or the context. When repeated,
ha, ha, it is an expression of laughter, satisfaction, or triumph, sometimes of derisive laughter; or sometimes it is equivalent to “Well, it is so.”
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb archaic Alternate spelling of a4
- interjection A representation of
- interjection An exclamation of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun (astronomy) the angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing; the right ascension for an observer at a particular location and time of day
Sorry, no etymologies found.
But it was, well, what it was, so I just kept my face buried in my plate, with an occasional soft *ha ha ha* for the Captain.
Hed be what I call useful just now, Mrs.C. ha, ha!
I believe "ha, _ha_," by the way, is an ejaculation confined entirely to thwarted villains in stageland; but if I am a villain, I'm not thwarted yet.
At this point the squire was laughing so noisily that Sophia had to stop; and his hearty _ha, ha, ha_! was so contagious, that Harry and
Deelite: 'I couldn't dance with another, * ah ha, ah ha*
Not only has he blamed the Bush administration for every single failure of his own policies and implementation of these policies (stimulus, TARP, inept political appointments, climate change * ha ha*) ..... he has also been unable to accept his own culpability in these democrats losing their elections.
Raising commercial activities (100-5,000 ha, increasing) 2008: 35,200 ha* 2015: 134,000 ha**
Costa Rica: Number of projects identified: 2 2008: 10 ha* 2015: 40,000 ha** Number of projects identified: 1 Peru: 2008: 320 ha* 2015: 77,000 ha** Number of projects identified: 8 Strong commercial activities Brazil: (> 5,000 ha, increasing) 2008: 15,800 ha* 2015: 1,3 million ha** Raising commercial activities Number of projects (100-5,000 ha, increasing) identified: 9
* so I guess that means it isn't the end of story … ha ha*
I don’t think so McCain’s wife make more than a small country..ha! ha!