from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- interj. Used as an exclamation of pleasure, approval, elation, or victory.
- n. A shout of "hurrah.”
- n. Excitement; fanfare.
- transitive v. To applaud, cheer, or approve (someone or something) by shouting "hurrah.”
- intransitive v. To shout "hurrah.”
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- interj. Expressing approval, appreciation, or happiness.
- n. A cheer; a cry of hurrah!.
- v. To give a hurrah (to somebody).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- interj. A word used as a shout of joy, triumph, applause, encouragement, or welcome.
- n. A cheer; a shout of joy, etc.
- intransitive v. To utter hurrahs; to huzza.
- transitive v. To salute, or applaud, with hurrahs.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- An exclamation expressive of joy, praise, applause, or encouragement: sometimes used as a noun.
- To utter a loud shout of acclamation, encouragement, joy, or the like.
- To receive or accompany with acclamation, or with shouts of joy; encourage by rounds of cheering.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. shout `hurrah!'
- n. a victory cheer
Galactica's last hurrah is tonight, but with Caprica on the horizon, fans of BG still have something to look forward to.
I think the Suns are hoping that they can rest him for the season and get one last hurrah from the big man in the post season and win the title.
Denying him his last hurrah is preferable than putting him to death; after all, if he's dead, he'll never suffer the years of slow torturous boredom and deprivation that life in prison will bring him.
This time I fled to the front, and was inquiring of some of the family whom I encountered, as frightened as I, what it could mean, when a hurrah from a crowd concealed behind the garden wall recalled to us that it was a salute of crackers and a display of fireworks to celebrate his Excellency's birthday.
My only recollection of it is, that there was great slashing at the banks and aristocrats that ground the faces of the poor; for I was on what our opponents called the hurrah side, and these were the things we talked about.
And tonight might be Planet Earth's last hurrah, that is if anything goes wrong with the launch of CERN's Large Hadron Collider.
And I did a ton of commercials and music videos, and that went on for a while, and I think the last kind of hurrah I had with music videos was I did all the videos off of the Green Day record American Idiot, and we won a bunch of awards at the MTV Awards in 2005.
Let's give Winter one last "hurrah" with these cupcakes named after the Abominable Snowman.
There were a lot of people saying the equivalent of 'hurrah' on the radio this morning, that's for sure.
Then Moomintroll and his mother were so happy that they fell into each other's arms, and the small creature jumped up and down and cried 'hurrah'.