from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An obsolete form of roe.
- n. In Egypt, mythol., the sovereign sun-god of the Memphite system, the chief Egyptian personification of the Supreme Being.
- n. A prefix in some words of French origin, ultimately from re- and ad-. See rabate, rabbet, rapport, etc.
- n. A terminal moraine.
- n. A chemical symbol of radium. Rd is more generally used.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores
- n. ancient Egyptian sun god with the head of a hawk; a universal creator; he merged with the god Amen as Amen-Ra to become the king of the gods
- n. (astronomy) the equatorial coordinate specifying the angle, measured eastward along the celestial equator, from the vernal equinox to the intersection of the hour circle that passes through an object in the sky; usually expressed in hours and minutes and seconds; used with declination to specify positions on the celestial sphere
Sorry, no etymologies found.
But what another "_Boom! te-ray, -- Ta, ra, ra_," &c., &c., this would have been for LA COLLINS!
_ Nay, if it were only his caprichio, I am satisfied; though I must tell you, I was in a kind of huff, to hear him _Tan ta ra, tan ta ra, _ a quarter of an hour together; for _Tan ta ra_ is but an odd kind of sound, you know, before a man's chamber.
(Cinnamon French Toast with Pomegranate Apple Compote) tags: amon ra is my copilot, femme, foodporn mood: creative media: Stellamara - Kyrie Eleison un ange vole? link memories
[SG-1 discusses the possibility that Ke'ra is Linea.]
This planet named Orin-ra is a solid ball of cold dense rock.
The summary statement "and they did so," includes what is developed in the verses following to v. 26, The expression ra'abhon battekhem
I find, by the shaking of the ship that we are weighing anchor, and that the "Megæra" is going to take us in tow.
Over the years this has become known as ra'i al-ductoor - the doctor's opinion.
Of all the cultivated Masdevallias, none are so weirdly strange and fascinating as is the species M. chimæra, which is so well illustrated in the accompany engraving.
From all these accomplishments she was styled Pandōra, that is, loaded with gifts and accomplishments, and was the first of her sex.