from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- interjection Used to express joy, encouragement, or triumph.
- noun A shout of “huzzah.”
- noun A cheer.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- interjection nautical, dated Used as a call for coordinated physical effort, as in hoisting.
- interjection archaic Used as a cheer indicating
- noun A cheer often associated with sailors, shouted by a group in praise of a thing or event.
- verb To
cheerwith a huzzah sound.
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[Perhaps variant of Middle English hisse, heave!; see hoist.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Sorry, no example sentences found.