from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Moving or permitting movement in one direction only: a one-way street.
- adj. Providing for travel in one direction only: a one-way ticket.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. allowing movement in only one direction
- adj. allowing travel in only one direction
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Legally permitting movement or travel in one direction only; -- of paths, especially roads.
- adj. Pertaining to or valid for transportation in one direction between two points. Opposed to
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. moving or permitting movement in one direction only
Whereas some two-way links between cap-and-trade systems may thus take more time to establish, in the near-term one-way links between cap-and-trade and credit systems likely will be more attractive and easier to establish.
As service-and-information production becomes more industrialized, concentrated, bureaucratized, and automated, more and more service-and-information-producing organizations begin to operate behind what might be called one-way communication mirrors.
Corporations are what asset-protection gurus call one-way or unidirectional protection devices.
When O'Keefe asked if any of the RAs would be willing to go on a one-way trip to Mars, my hand shot up, even though I don't particularly like Mars and would much rather take a one-way trip to our Moon.
The marketing approach to communication – the one-way sales pitch – has not served NASA well.
Ultimately the Chinese and Indians will beat us to colonization of the moon and Mars because they are willing to think in terms of one-way and high risk missions with inevitable casualties in ways that we are not.
The telephone connection will be set for one-way audio transmission -- you will be able to receive audio from the MEPAG meeting, but you will not be able to speak to the meeting.
This Mike fellow said a one-way ticket from Bremerhaven, Germany, would be from $100 to $140 per day for the 16-day trip.
Just bought my cheap one-way ticket to New York, after about a week, I'll show up at a shelter, and get my ticket home.
Andrew, for some reason Google Street View missed Cortland Street, which these days is a one-way street.