from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having, permitting, or indicating passage in three directions: a three-way valve.
- adj. Having three participants or ingredients: a three-way tie; three-way chili.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Sexual activity involving three persons; a threesome; a menage à trois.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Connected with, or serving to connect, three channels or pipes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having or governing three openings or passages: generally noting a special form of pipe-connection, valve, stopcock, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. involving three parties or elements
Sorry, no etymologies found.
To break a three-way tie between LSU, Arkansas and Alabama, BCS rankings will be used -- with a caveat.
Denarius Moore caught two touchdown passes and Michael Bush had a career night rushing the ball as the Raiders withstood a San Diego rally to beat the Chargers 24-17 and break a three-way tie for the division lead.
Carter was intent on finishing our first term with a more stable three-way relationship among the United States, China, and the Soviet Union.
Bob and Harvey Weinstein are favourites in a three-way battle to buy the film studio they founded in 1979 from Disney
With 44 sacks, the New York Giants are in a three-way tie atop the NFL.
Cameron's long-heralded intervention opens a hotly contested three-way debate between the parties on how to rein in corporate excess, and create a long-term investment culture in UK firms.
An all-male three-way at that, Sam.9.50pm: Rick Perry's supporters in West Des Moines are unfazed by his poor perforamnce in early results.
We're really proud of the unique three-way partnership we have, it really is a very different kind of relationship that probably all three of us have tried to figure out.
What is most alarming about the situation, is that the principle players and their advisors are engaged in an incredibly dangerous three-way game of blind man's buff.
The British oil company was in three-way discussions with Rosneft and Alfa Access Renova AAR, the consortium of Russian billionaires controlling half of TNK-BP, BP's existing Russian 50/50 venture.