from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Of long duration or existence.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective prenominal existing since a time in the distant past.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Describing something that has existed for a
- adjective Describing something that has been done for so long that it has become
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective having existed for a long time
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
long + standing
Sorry, no example sentences found.