from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Situated on or coming from the other side of the Atlantic Ocean.
- adjective Spanning or crossing the Atlantic Ocean.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Lying or being beyond the Atlantic; on the opposite side of the Atlantic from the country of the speaker or writer; specifically, in Europe, American.
- Crossing or passing across the Atlantic: as, a transatlantic line of steamers.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Lying or being beyond the Atlantic Ocean.
- adjective Crossing the Atlantic Ocean.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective on, from the other side of,
spanningor crossingthe Atlantic Ocean
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective crossing the Atlantic Ocean
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.