from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Delirious with or as if with strong drink; intoxicated.
- adj. Habitually drunk.
- adj. Of, involving, or occurring during intoxication: a drunken brawl. See Usage Note at drunk.
- adj. Cooked with wine or another alcoholic beverage: drunken mushrooms.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Drunk, in the state of intoxication after having drunk an alcoholic beverage
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Overcome by strong drink; intoxicated by, or as by, spirituous liquor; inebriated.
- adj. Saturated with liquid or moisture; drenched.
- adj. Pertaining to, or proceeding from, intoxication.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Affected by or as if by strong drink; intoxicated; drunk.
- Given to drunkenness; habitually intemperate: as, he is a drunken, worthless fellow.
- Proceeding from intoxication; done in a state of drunkenness: as, a drunken quarrel.
- Acting as if drunk: applied by workmen to a screw the thread of which is uneven and produces an unsteadiness of motion in the nut.
- Producing intoxication, or used in manufacturing intoxicants, as certain plants—for example, the betel-nut, called drunken date, the darnel, called drunken ryegrass.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. given to or marked by the consumption of alcohol
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Then, there was a promissory note that his son-in-law, who handles all of his business, took over to Anna Nicole, and she ripped it up in what he called a drunken rage.
“What in the name of drunken hell is that?” says Clarence, pointing at Boland.
I think I remember stumbling upon this truck late at night in drunken stupor and loving it.
Nick and his bandmates -- sans drummer for some reason -- have just finished their set, and Nick's handling bitch duties with the equipment while the other guys are basking in drunken adoration of both boys and girls.
He was piefaced soaked squiffy sloshed and all round ‘pissed as a newt’ not just a maniac but a dispsomaniac, takwe my word for it, I am an expert in drunken gibber and that is it.
He was piefaced soaked squiffy sloshed and all round ‘pissed as a newt’ not just a maniac but a dispsomaniac, takwe my word for it, I am an expert in drunken gibber and that is it. (n)
If you care to see the history of booze, and why the hell wouldn't you, then today is a day that will live in drunken infamy.
Obviously, it brings up interesting scenarios of landscape architects, in drunken stupors at 3 in the morning, downloading the software to design their own sinuous landforms.
Crawford (and the bend of the dirt road near the second camp) was awash in drunken Bush supporters.
However, from this journal that I'm typing this on a candy heart reading, "Be mine:" agent_snow "... but I'm not bitter." several_bees Proposes marriage to you in drunken stupor: offensive_mango The "wallflower" who somehow manages to score: paisleypeter Total valentines you'll receive: 89 Quiz created with MemeGen!