from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Living without undue worry or concern; calm.
- adj. Lax or negligent; careless.
- adj. Relaxed or informal in attitude or standards: an easygoing teacher who allowed extra time for assignments.
- adj. Not rigorous, demanding, or stressful: an easygoing life as a part-time consultant.
- adj. Leisurely; unhurried: an easygoing pace.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. calm, relaxed, casual and informal
- adj. unhurried
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Moving easily; hence, mild-tempered; relaxed and casual; ease-loving; inactive. Contrasted with
- adj. having a lax moral or disciplinary standard.
- adj. unhurried. Opposite of
- adj. unaggressive. Opposite of
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Inclined to take matters in an easy way, without jar or friction; good-natured.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not hurried or forced
- adj. not burdensome or demanding; borne or done easily and without hardship
- adj. relaxed and informal in attitude or standards
- n. easy unobstructed progress
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The unnamed character was described as an easygoing California native with liberal values and a youthful innocence.
The Southerners were known as an easygoing and hospitable lot, who liked their food and coffee, their cards and dominoes and backgammon, their tobacco, their liquor, and not infrequently, their marijuana.
When Beverly Morgan was in college, she was known as easygoing and lively and was at the top of her class.
Ladonna Francois, the victim's niece, said Friday that she doesn't understand why someone would want to hurt her uncle, who she described as easygoing and quiet.
Over at the home of Barker's parents, relatives were mourning the loss of a man who they described as easygoing and "too kind".
For a man she describes as easygoing and always willing to help out the other guy, a Libertarian with the gumption to run for public office several times and a small business owner who's been an advocate for business at the state level, this death sentence was hard to digest.
In Natick, Mass., the Boston suburb where Sgt. Crowley lives, the 42-year-old father of three is best known as the easygoing sports coach who has a knack for defusing tense situations.
Collins has been described as easygoing and scholarly.
Waterhouse tells the mag her parents are "easygoing" - good thing too.
Gottlieb is the epitome of easygoing, which is a blessing and a curse.