from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not taking due thought; thoughtless or heedless: proceeded, unthinking, into the trap.
- adj. Exhibiting a lack of thought: unthinking bravado.
- adj. Incapable of the power of thought.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Without proper thought; thoughtless.
- adj. Showing no regard; careless or unconcerned.
- v. Present participle of unthink.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Not thinking; not heedful; thoughtless; inconsiderate.
- adj. Not indicating thought or reflection; thoughtless.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not thinking; heedless; without thought or care; thoughtless; inconsiderate: as, unthinking youth.
- Not indicating thought or reflection; thoughtless.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in a thoughtless manner
- adj. without care or thought for others
- adj. not exhibiting or characterized by careful thought
- adj. mentally sluggish
Sorry, no etymologies found.
"People are lousy at really paying attention to facts and evidence and are totally biased by what I call the unthinking mind," Antonakis said.
"People are lousy at really paying attention to facts and evidence and are totally biased by what I call the unthinking mind," he said.
Social SF sneaks up on you, teaches you by exposing truths hidden in unthinking custom.
It may serve, as it often has, to rouse the indolent from the gratification of complexional sloth, and recall the unthinking and irregular from the haunts of dissipation and vice to the blessings of serious reflection.
Now, considering how natural it is to most men to be jealous for their reputation, this is as great an imposition as can possibly be; and the unthinking are as much kept from free-thinking by the fear of being ridiculed in the club of those who set up for oracles in reason as by the fear of being cursed, excommunicated, and anathematized, by the counsel of those who set up for oracles in religion.
So your solution to the problem of too many unthinking, partisan idiots in government is to ... oppose them with a different kind of unthinking, partisan idiot, while denigrating people of integrity and intelligence as “clueless”?
This sort of "unthinking" technocracy, whether driven by engineers or Harvard MBAs, is rampant in most organizations in most industries.
Their actions convinced some Israelis — particularly those on the left — that the decision to order a ground invasion revealed a kind of unthinking aggressiveness.
So your solution to the problem of too many unthinking, partisan idiots in government is to... oppose them with a different kind of unthinking, partisan idiot, while denigrating people of integrity and intelligence as “clueless”?
The only evidence of "unthinking" Americans is that of folks like you who spew these dimwits without regards to overwhelming evidence to the contrary.