from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Lacking sense or meaning; meaningless.
- adj. Deficient in sense; foolish or stupid.
- adj. Insensate; unconscious.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Bereft of feeling or consciousness; deprived of sensation; unconscious; insensible.
- adj. Lacking meaning or purpose; without common sense; pointless; meaningless.
- adj. Without consideration, awareness or sound judgement; unreasonable; unwise; stupid.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Destitute of, deficient in, or contrary to, sense; without sensibility or feeling; unconscious; stupid; foolish; unwise; unreasonable.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Destitute of sense; having no power of sensation or perception; incapable of sensation or feeling; insensible.
- Inappreciative; lacking in appreciation; without perception.
- Lacking understanding; acting without sense or judgment; foolish; stupid.
- Without meaning, or contrary to reason or sound judgment; ill-judged; unwise; foolish; nonsensical.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not marked by the use of reason
- adj. serving no useful purpose; having no excuse for being
- adj. (of especially persons) lacking sense or understanding or judgment
- adj. unresponsive to stimulation
On Friday the White House called for restraint, a peaceful transfer of power, and an end to what it called "senseless" violence in Yemen.
President Obama called Norwegian Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg to express personally and on behalf of the American people his deepest condolences for the dozens of innocent Norwegians killed and injured in what he called the "senseless attacks" in Oslo and Utoya Island, the White House said Saturday.
President Bush is again condemning what he calls senseless attacks on holy sites in Iraq.
Leone, but said he hoped what he called a senseless enterprise would end without more bloodshed.
In a statement the NP expressed shock and revulsion at what it called the senseless and cold-blooded murders.
Family members are looking for answers to what they described as a senseless and unprovoked murder.
We are suffering from severe water shortage, we are engaging in senseless wars, our food is tainted, our air is poison and we are getting fatter and fatter every day.
They're totally up front about their weapons of mass destruction, various affairs (straight and gay) and concern for human life; ie make sure a baby is born safely, and then start killing them in senseless wars.
The Student Aid and Fiscal Responsibility Act (SAFRA), which would cut billions of dollars in senseless subsidies to private student lenders, passed the House last year.
I would do on heck of alot of negotiating to save you children from both sides from being killed in senseless violence.