from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Showing foolishness or stupidity.
- adj. Exhibiting idiocy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to or resembling an idiot; afflicted with idiocy.
- adj. Having the quality of idiocy; very foolish; stupid; nonsensical.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Common; simple.
- adj. Pertaining to, or like, an idiot; characterized by idiocy; foolish; fatuous.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Uncultured; plain; simple. See extract under idiotical.
- Pertaining to or resembling an idiot; afflicted with idiocy; having the quality of idiocy; very foolish; stupid.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having a mental age of three to seven years
- adj. incongruous;inviting ridicule
- adj. insanely irresponsible
Is that what you call the idiotic gossip you report about?
Both protested against what they called my idiotic kindness, but their protests were half-hearted.
Within the week I had repented of what I termed my idiotic quixotism, and for precisely nine days after that I cursed my folly.
David Denby, the critic from the New Yorker, announced that his review of "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" would be published in the coming week's issue, a full eight days before the embargo date to which critics belonging to the New York Film Critics Circle agreed to hold their verdicts. letter to Rudin, Denby largely blamed both the studio's schedule -- "Grown-ups are ignored for much of the year, cast out like downsized workers, and then given eight good movies all at once in the last five weeks of the year," he wrote -- and his magazine's double issue conflict with the NYFCC's moved up awards voting schedule this year, which he called "idiotic" and said he "furiously opposed."
As for the suggestion of not using any (or live) bait for fishing, that's just plain idiotic and ridiculous.
Reggie the only source he could possibly have for something so stupid and obviously wrong and idiotic is his lower torso
Personally Dick being Batman is just plain idiotic, and boring.
Yet any Democrat anywhere who says or does something idiotic is immediately cited by you as a leading liberal thinker.
All those simplistic or plain idiotic measures seem to come from people who never taught.
Second, the point you now allege to make is idiotic from the get go.