from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Feeling or showing a lack of interest or concern; indifferent.
- adj. Feeling or showing little or no emotion; unresponsive.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Void of feeling; not susceptible of deep emotion; passionless; indifferent.
- adj. Of, or pertaining to apatheism.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Void of feeling; not susceptible of deep emotion; passionless.
- adj. showing a lack of interest or concern; indifferent.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Characterized by apathy; having or exhibiting little or no emotion; devoid of strong feeling or passion; insensible.
- Synonyms Passionless, unmoved, unfeeling, indifferent.
- In biology, of or pertaining to the Apathetica of Lamarck.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. marked by a lack of interest
- adj. showing little or no emotion or animation
The fact that some may call San Diegans lazy and apathetic is just inaccurate and beyond the bounds of reasonableness and decency.
Each week, I watch, forcing myself to remain apathetic and not get excited.
It came out that everyone of the youth who did not fall under the tag apathetic was viewed as a charterist by the gang in Nyanga East!
Fromm talks about the fact that sometimes we see corruption at the highest level of our government and then people remain apathetic and don't even bother to vote.
Lisa gets criticized for being "apathetic" -- Tom says she focuses more on flavor and less on technique.
:) Very passionate about it, and good at inspiring passioin apathetic teenagers.
For a generation alternatively described as apathetic and disengaged, that is surely citizenship in action; a canvas version of the "big society"?
Hikari Mitsushima is very good at playing depressed and apathetic, which is impressive because she used to be a cute pop idol of the kind churned out by the agencies this thread is supposed to be about.
We advocate their policies when we remain apathetic.
And when a nation becomes apathetic, that is what is the matter too.