from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Characteristic of a well-mannered woman or girl who adheres to traditional norms of propriety and femininity.
- adjective Appropriate to such a woman or girl, as in being restrained or delicate.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Like a lady in any respect; refined; well-bred: courteous in manner.
- Applied to men, affected; effeminate.
- Synonyms Womanly, etc. See
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Like a lady in appearance or manners; well-bred.
- adjective Becoming or suitable to a lady.
- adjective Delicate; tender; feeble; effeminate.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Of or connected with the
appearanceor behaviourof a well-mannered woman.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective befitting a woman of good breeding
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
lady + -like
Sorry, no example sentences found.