from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Informal Simple and unpretentious in behavior.
- adj. Informal Characterized by informality and affability: a friendly, folksy town.
- adj. Informal Modest; low-key: folksy humor; a folksy style that masked a keen business mind.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Characteristic of simple country life.
- adj. Informal, affable and familiar.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. same as cracker-barrel.
- adj. very informal and familiar.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characteristic of country life
- adj. very informal and familiar
And for the con complaints about it took too long for President Obama to decide, let me see if I can put in "folksy" terms, have you heard the old "saw" to "measure twice and cut once"?
Brian Francis Slattery, accompanied by a violinist, bassist, and his own slick banjo playing sung selections from his novel LIBERATION in folksy, Appalachian style.
Adam Robert's makes excellent points: why literature screams pretention to some while genre cries folksy is borderline nonsensical.
Marie, After all he did drive a pick up!!!!!! how folksy is that for a GOOPer who is a senatorfold pin-up for Caribou Barbie and Bat$hit carzy Michelle.
And barbie, as usual, not bothering to read the script, gittin 'folksy, you betcha, and saying dumb stuff.
Told in folksy language and down-home idioms that only occasionally veer into corn pone, this enjoyable story evokes a world once hidden in plain sight, and the inevitability of its end.
He towers over crowds and speaks in folksy bullet points — "common-sense values," "secure the borders," "America won't back down."
Some people call it bein 'folksy, others call it bein' stupid.
There is a big difference between bein 'folksy and bein' a friggin 'idiot!
The 48-year-old politician is often described as folksy and charismatic, with a reputation for witty speeches and vivid metaphors.