from The Century Dictionary.
- Of or pertaining to the zodiac: as, the zodiacal signs; zodiacal planets.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective (Astron.) Of or pertaining to the zodiac; situated within the zodiac.
- adjective a luminous tract of the sky, of an elongated, triangular figure, lying near the ecliptic, its base being on the horizon, and its apex at varying altitudes. It is to be seen only in the evening, after twilight, and in the morning before dawn. It is supposed to be due to sunlight reflected from multitudes of meteoroids revolving about the sun nearly in the plane of the ecliptic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective astronomy, astrology of or pertaining to the
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective relating to or included in the zodiac
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
This so-called zodiacal light is sometimes called false dawn.
This is what is termed the zodiacal light, and is believed to be the thinner portion of the sun's atmosphere.
Make yourself especially familiar with the so-called zodiacal constellations, which are, in their order, running around the heavens from west to east: Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo,
That faint radiance called the zodiacal light, which is seen to stream up in the form of a cone from our sun, is assumed by our author to be a residuum of the nebulous matter belonging to our system, which has not yet been drawn into the sun, though it is on its way thither.
Now, for the first time, I saw what is called the zodiacal light.
The lenticular-shaped phenomenon, also, called the zodiacal light, was a matter worthy of attention.
The lenticular-shaped phenomenon, also called the zodiacal light, was a matter worthy of attention.
This dust reflects sunlight and sometimes can be seen as a wedge-shaped sky glow - called the zodiacal light - before sunrise or after sunset.
The dust reflects sunlight and sometimes can be seen as a wedge-shaped sky glow - called the zodiacal light - before sunrise or after sunset.
This glow proceeds sunrise and is actually dust in our solar system reflecting light back at us, this is called the zodiacal light.