from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Relating to or containing gold, especially with valence 3.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Of or pertaining to the aura; aural. See
- Of or pertaining to gold.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Of or pertaining to gold.
- adjective (Chem.) Pertaining to, or derived from, gold; -- said of those compounds of gold in which this element has its higher valence
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective inorganic chemistry Of or pertaining to
- adjective obsolete Of, or pertaining to the
- adjective Pertaining to an
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective of or relating to or containing or derived from gold
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
All gemstones work through the magic of their various colors and shades, which transmit vibrations that alter the electromagnetic fields of what we call the auric and etheric bodies, about which we sadly know very little.
It is seen as an oval mass of luminous mist of highly complex structure, and from its shape has sometimes been called the auric egg.
Or having a computer with spell check that can even recognize "auric" as a word!
Visualize walking into you doctor's office and seeing a "localized field of energy" and "auric chart" right next to the anatomy poster.
In some, I flow with discomfort, picking up the auric sparks from the fight across the road.
On it a mouse turned quickly to see the beginning of an auric breeze that carried the residue of the goings-on of the inhabitants of the house a half mile away.
Rendered with the auric exuberance of Klimt and the bold angularity of Schiele, through complicated parabolas and hyperbolas, one wonders if NASA astronomers and computer scientists aren't attempting to formulate an official visual style.
Moments later, the slug-like denizens of Arcturus let out a telepathic roar of approval as a tide of human rage floods at the speed of Thought across space, permeating their depleted auric channels.
I can also do an auric reading which is picking up the change in colors or intensity in a person's aura.
After the young German doctor came to the colony she danced for him, dirty auric in the white crater.