from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Having or showing little understanding of the ways of the world; naive or impractical.
- adjective Not of this world; spiritual or supernatural.
- adjective Suggestive of another world, as in being bizarre or eerie.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Not worldly; not influenced by worldly or sordid motives; spiritual.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Not worldly; spiritual; holy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Of or relating to the
spiritualas opposed to the material.
- adjective Unconcerned with
- adjective Lacking
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective not concerned with the temporal world or swayed by mundane considerations
- adjective not wise in the ways of the world
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.