from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A cutthroat or ruffian; a hoodlum.
- n. One of a band of professional assassins formerly active in northern India who worshiped Kali and offered their victims to her.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A criminal with intimidating mannerisms, who treats others violently and roughly, especially for hire.
- n. One of a band of assassins formerly active in northern India who worshipped Kali and offered their victims to her.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of an association of robbers and murderers in India who practiced murder by stealthy approaches, and from religious motives. They have been nearly exterminated by the British government.
- n. An assassin; a ruffian; a rough.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A member of a confraternity of professional assassins and robbers formerly infesting India, chiefly in the central and northern provinces.
- n. Hence A cutthroat; a ruffian; a rough.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an aggressive and violent young criminal
In the Dow Jones database, the name of the Serb leader and the word thug appear near each other 343 times.
I have even seen Trolls termed 'e-thugs' in recent days, perhaps not surprising since the term 'thug' has now become an important part of the Middle Eastern protest lexicon.
I have a feeling that our thug is the same one that was banned for his tyraid a couple of weeks ago NYCflycaster.
I think much of the discomfort in acknowledging Columbus as a thug is the feeling that if he was wrong then we should fix it.
Shine explained that the greatest prize for the thug is a cop on the take — or one willing to start down that road.
So much for the word thug; what about the word core?
She repeatedly uses the word "thug" and writes that liberals are "violent racists."
PSMith – Calling Obama a "thug" is about as realistic as calling him elitist.
To tell a mama "Yo 'son's a thug" is quite another.
I suppose what makes Chavez a thug is that you identify with the parasitic oligarchs that he taught a lesson to.