from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A grotesque elfin creature of folklore, thought to work mischief or evil.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun An imaginary being supposed to haunt dark or remote places, and to take an occasional capricious interest in human affairs; an elf; a sprite; an earthly spirit; particularly, a surly elf; a malicious fairy; a spirit of the woods; a demon of the earth; a gnome; a ko-bold.
- noun Synonyms Elf, Gnome, etc, See
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun An evil or mischievous spirit; a playful or malicious elf; a frightful phantom; a gnome.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun fantasy A
mythical, humanoid creature, often found in contemporary fantasy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun (folklore) a small grotesque supernatural creature that makes trouble for human beings
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
So Patty got out of what she called her goblin clothes, but was still giggling at them as she hung them away in the wardrobe.
Joe: The goblin is pissed off because he had just finished blowdrying his fur when Mr. Knight came along.
The book title refers to a Japanese martial artist (nicknamed after a mythical Japanese mountain goblin) who holds old grudges against Burke and his sensei, Yamashita.
A car runs over the bugbear while the fae escapes and the goblin is tied up.
What do you call a goblin who gets too close to a bonfire?
i think the new goblin is awesome he was better than the first and i should know i saw the movie.
Think then, you hog-goblin, of the greater, larger hog-goblin, which is Set, the Snake God.
I just wasn't a good enough writer to do justice to the idea of goblin romance.
In Japan, fossilised sharks 'teeth were said to be the pointed thumbnails of Tengu Man, a mythical mountain goblin.
That said, Jhegaala has a big ol' dragon on the cover, and they don't call my goblin "Dragonslayer" for nothing.