from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various chilled desserts made with flavored whipped cream, gelatin, and eggs: chocolate mousse.
- n. A molded dish containing meat, fish, or shellfish combined with whipped cream and gelatin.
- n. An aerosol foam used to control and style the hair.
- transitive v. To apply a styling foam to (the hair).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An airy pudding served chilled, particularly chocolate mousse.
- n. A savory dish, of meat or seafood, containing gelatin.
- n. A styling cream used for hair.
- v. To apply mousse (styling cream).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A frozen dessert of a frothy texture, made of sweetened and flavored whipped cream, sometimes with the addition of egg yolks and gelatin. Mousse differs from ice cream in being beaten before -- not during -- the freezing process.
- n. Any of a variety of foods whipped to a light texture.
- n. A foam containing special chemicals, used for styling hair.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In cookery, a whipped cream, sweetened and variously flavored, with or without eggs, and frozen without stirring.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a rich, frothy, creamy dessert made with whipped egg whites and heavy cream
- n. toiletry consisting of an aerosol foam used in hair styling
- v. apply a styling gel to
- n. a light creamy dish made from fish or meat and set with gelatin
I like to layer the creamy pumpkin mousse with crushed cookie crumbs.
Yours looks soo good!! pity Sep 5 chocolate mousse is the perfect ending to a light meal, and your recipe looks amazing, good job! cheers from london, pity nina Sep 5
Fold until mousse is uniform in color and texture.
Chocolate mousse is a great way to end a meal, but it can feel a bit heavy because it is so rich, even though the mousse itself might be fluffy in texture.
Chocolate mousse is a rich chocolate dessert that is made with lots of chocolate and lightened with either egg whites, whipped cream or a combination of the two.
Chocolate mousse is one of those desserts that seems more intimidating than it actually is.
Repeat layers of crushed cookies and pumpkin mousse as many times as you wish.
Spoon some pumpkin mousse on top of cookies in each glass.
When the mousse is getting close to 85 F, it is time to fix the cream.
I am always sad at restaurants when desserts have too much going on (raspberries with caramel and dark chocolate with a sponge layer and a mousse layer and ... give me the plain mousse over that any time).