from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The waves of the sea as they break upon a shore or reef.
- intransitive v. To engage in surfing.
- intransitive v. Informal To look at a variety of things casually, especially while browsing the Internet or television channels.
- transitive v. To ride on or along (a wave) on a surfboard.
- transitive v. To engage in surfing at: had never surfed Malibu Beach.
- transitive v. Informal To browse (the Internet or television channels, for example).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Waves that break on an ocean shoreline.
- n. The bottom of a drain.
- v. To ride a wave, usually on a surfboard.
- v. To browse the Internet.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The swell of the sea which breaks upon the shore, esp. upon a sloping beach.
- n. The bottom of a drain.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The swell of the sea which breaks upon the shore, or upon banks or rocks.
- n. Synonyms See wave.
- n. The bottom or conduit of a drain.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. ride the waves of the sea with a surfboard
- v. look around casually and randomly, without seeking anything in particular
- n. waves breaking on the shore
- v. switch channels, on television
The mangoes are plentiful, the surf is awesome and you don't have to turn on the hotwater heater.
Vinton Gray Cerf (born June 23, 1943) (last name pronounced just like the English word "surf") is an American computer scientist who is commonly referred to as one of the "founding fathers of the Internet" for his key technical and managerial role, together with Bob Kahn, in the creation of the Internet and the TCP protocols which it uses.
Vinton Gray Cerf (born June 23, 1943) (last name pronounced just like the English word "surf") is an American computer scientist who is commonly referred to as one of the
These two continued like this for the rest of the episode and it all seemed like a lot of immature disses in surf speak.
Its now buried in a storage room with all my surf plugs weights, leaders, ect. as surf is not very common around Illinois, although it comes out now and then for Kings in lake Michigan or carp.
The ambiance of the sun and pounding surf is the spice, which draws, and what it brings, certainly brought us.
For the most part they still target segments (like people who have been to a certain Web site or surf from a certain geographical location) instead of individuals and in most cases just audiences (like everyone from www. forbes.com or another destination).
Heading for Australia, he had stopped off for a week to find out if there were any thrills in surf-riding, and he had become wedded to it.
Its surf is rarely rough, its water constantly warm and the sole-massaging sand stretches in a wide, welcoming wedge to a far-distant surprise of rocks behind which spreads another seeming never-ending arc of yellow sand to La Manzanilla.
Fishing the surf is good as is fishing off of jetties to get started cheap.