from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A group of things growing close together; a cluster or clump.
- noun A group of like items or individuals gathered or placed together.
- noun Informal A group of people usually having a common interest or association.
- noun Informal A considerable number or amount; a lot.
- noun A small lump or swelling; a bump.
- intransitive verb To gather or form into a cluster.
- intransitive verb To gather together into a group.
- intransitive verb To gather (fabric) into folds.
- intransitive verb To form a cluster or group.
- intransitive verb To be gathered together in folds, as fabric.
- intransitive verb To swell; protrude.
from The Century Dictionary.
- To beat; strike.
- To swell out in a protuberance; be protuberant or round.
- To make a bunch or bunches of; bring together into a bunch or aggregate; concentrate: as, to
bunchballots for distribution; to bunch profits; to bunch the hits in a game of base-ball.
- noun A protuberance; a hunch; a knob or lump.
- noun A cluster, collection, or tuft of things of the same kind connected in growth or joined together mechanically: as, a bunch of grapes; a bunch of feathers on a hat.
- noun More generally, a cluster or aggregate of any kind: used specifically of ducks, in the sense of a small flock.
- noun In mining, a small mass of ore. See
bunchy, 3, and pocket.
- noun In flax-manuf., three bundles or 180,000 yards of linen yarn.
- noun A unit of tale for osiers, reeds, teazels, and the like, with no general or fixed sense.
- In sugar-beet growing, see
block, transitive verb, 8.
- noun In mining, the expanded portion of a pipe-line; a place where the pipe does not maintain a uniform cross-section, but is expanded.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- intransitive verb To swell out into a bunch or protuberance; to be protuberant or round.
- transitive verb To form into a bunch or bunches.
- noun A protuberance; a hunch; a knob or lump; a hump.
- noun A collection, cluster, or tuft, properly of things of the same kind, growing or fastened together.
- noun (Mining) A small isolated mass of ore, as distinguished from a continuous vein.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A
groupof a number of similarthings, either growingtogether, or in a clusteror clump. Usually fastened together.
- noun cycling The
peloton; the main group of ridersformed during a race.
- noun An
informal bodyof friends.
- noun informal A
- noun informal An unmentioned amount; a
- noun forestry A group of logs tied together for skidding.
- noun geology (mining) An unusual
concentrationof orein a lodeor a small, discontinuous occurrenceor patch of ore in the wallrock.
- noun textiles The reserve yarn on the filling bobbin to allow continuous weaving between the time of indication from the midget feeler until a new bobbin is put in the shuttle.
- noun An unfinished cigar, before the wrapper leaf is added.
- verb transitive To
gatherinto a bunch.
- verb transitive To gather
- verb intransitive To form a bunch.
- verb intransitive To be gathered together in folds
- verb intransitive To
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun any collection in its entirety
- verb form into a bunch
- noun an informal body of friends
- noun a grouping of a number of similar things
- verb gather or cause to gather into a cluster
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
My favorite out of the bunch is the pillow with the two blue creatures on it.
I think the best idea of the bunch is the library!
IMO the all around best gun of the bunch is the SBE.
The oddball of the bunch is the Flipout, a square-shaped device on which the screen pivots clockwise to reveal a physical keyboard.
July 2nd, 2009 10: 45 am ET you got a better idea, boehner ...? seems like your bunch is the one that got us in this mess to start with ....
But the pick of the bunch is a wonderfully intimate and soulful session from Corinne Bailey Rae.
Trailing the bunch is a little 3 pointer, but he's bleeding.
The only standout story in the bunch is the excellent "Down on the Farm", but that didn't stop many others from winning awards and generally being well-received.
I was a huge fan of the series in college and for me to join in this bunch is the fulfillment of a dream I didn't think would ever have a chance of coming true.
The most interesting of the bunch is the NWZ-S730F, which includes integrated active noise-canceling technology.